NTI provided security system consulting, design and production of construction documents and construction administration for the Headquarters/Soccer Complex for Atlanta United FC. The facility includes a headquarters building of approximately 25,000 GSF and surface parking on a 31-acre site.
Created to foster openness and an aspirational environment, the facility faces the fields so that academy players, front office employees and first-team players can feel connected and focused on the club.
The first-team locker room is an oval-shaped room with no corners to promote unity, and the academy locker rooms are built in much the same way. Atlanta United felt that by allowing academy players to train, eat and work out in the same facility as the first team, younger players will remain motivated and continue their progress as Atlanta United players.
The complex also includes two in-ground hydrotherapy pools, a full-service kitchen, plus a tactics & media room.
NTI Scope of Services
Security System Elements
Access control points may include:
- strategic employee entrances for the headquarters building and within the 6,000 SF office area of the stadium.
- control points for parking areas
- ingress/egress control points for the overall site/campus
- possible locations at other areas on the site (maintenance building, etc.)
- provisions will be made to connect the targeted future development areas into the overall system
All cameras will part of centrally networked system capable of being monitored at central location (the Security office) and with remote monitoring capabilities (typically via password protected network access from a PC).
The areas for CCTV coverage include:
- Headquarters building entrances and common access areas
- Employee and public ingress/egress access areas on the overall site/campus
The CCTV system will allow monitoring of “shared” interest cameras by local law enforcement personnel (if desired).
Alarm/Intrusion detection system
For the office areas and other buildings that will be locked during off hours, we anticipated an alarm/intrusion detection system to be desired. This system could include the following elements:
- Door contacts at entry and exit doors
- glass break detectors, motion detectors
- Duress Alarms at strategic locations.
- Software platform for monitoring and managing system.